There are numerous gyms in Singapore,you’ll be afforded the benefit of having a gym right there
In today’s world, staying healthy and fit is considered as a trendy fashion one of the people. Not only that, it is also regarded as one of the major concerns. At the same time, it’s a true fact that staying fit is actually a tough job. So, if you’re a fitness freak and prepared to charge up your body, then gyms in Singapore is where for you to be.
It is a common thought previously the gym facilities were specifically intended for the affluent families. The majority of the popular gyms were found in the high-class hotels and were costly, charging exorbitant rates. Today, everything has undergone a significant change using the passing of years and lots of well-equipped gyms have come up in recent years to cater to the demands from the health-conscious people in Singapore.
Popular Gyms in Singapore
Given here is a list consisting of the names along with other details of some of the best gyms in Singapore. So, check out these gyms if you wish to remain healthy and fit.
- Membership Rates: Prices start at S$126 monthly. Student rates are also available.
- Locations: Shenton House #03-06, 3 Shenton Way
- Classes available: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, MMA, No-Gi Grappling and Cardio Kickboxing.
The low-down: If you’re thinking about trying out a couple of Muay Thai classes without needing to commit to a year-long membership package, Impact MMA is ideal for you. Although Shenton House (in which the gym is located) is pretty dodgy, a fitness center facilities are clean and functional. And FYI, we hear they’ve got their great amount of hotties too. Wink wink.
Evolve Mixed Martial Arts
- Membership Rates: Evolve MMA prices start at S$249/month or more. The different outlets have different prices, based on student/adult, type of membership, duration of membership etc. For additional pricing information, give them a call.
- Locations: Far East Square #01-01 and Pomo Mall #03-11.
- Classes available: Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, and Self Defence are only a couple of Martial Arts classes that are offered at Evolve, with Kick boxing being the most popular one lately.
The low-down: If you’ve seen the various ads of shirtless buff guys, you may know by now that Evolve may be the #1 mixed martial arts academy in Asia. With 14 World Champion Martial Arts Instructors, you can be sure that you’ll simply be training with the best (and also the hottest too, if you take a look at their -ahem- appealing selection of fighters).
- Membership Rates: S$165 monthly for unlimited access to all of their outlets islandwide. Rates may vary for various packages.
- Locations: Plaza Singapura, Bugis Junction, Thomson Plaza and much more.
- Classes available: One of the more interesting classes that Amore Fitness has is its Body.Mind.Soul Classes. According to Yoga and Pilates techniques, the category is tailored for women who desire a relaxing yet revitalizing experience. Other interesting classes include Kickboxing and Belly Dancing and Bollywood Dance.
The low-down: Amore Fitness is really a women’s-only gym, which means you ladies won’t need to bother about looking cute after sweating it at Kickboxing class. Mothers may also can also drop their children off in the KidFit Club at the gym while they exercise. Now you won’t have an excuse to not hit the gym.
- Membership Rates: Basic memberships start at S$49 monthly.
- Locations: Bugis, Raffles, Orchard Ngee Ann City and Velocity @ Novena Square.
- Classes available: When you have always envied Jackie Chan’s martial arts prowess, you’ll love the Jackie Chan Signature classes in the California Fitness Bugis branch. Dubious name aside, the category promises to get you fighting easily fit in no time (pun intended).
The low-down: California Fitness pioneered the mega-gym concept in Asia, and it is big and spacious gyms average over 3,000 square meters – perfect should you don’t want to get too up close and private with the fat, sweaty man around the treadmill next to you. But for the workaholics out there, take note that California Fitness centers are also usually open until midnight, so that you can de-stress on the treadmill (instead of grabbing the bag of poker chips).
- Membership Rates: S$142 monthly ++ for a year’s contract.
- Locations: Paragon, Millenia Walk, The Cathay along with other locations both in Singapore and worldwide.
- Classes available: Fitness First comes with an extensive range of group exercise classes, from Body Combat to Pilates classes. Take a look at their list of classes here.
The low-down: If you’re a frequent traveler, this gym is ideal for you. Members are granted use of Fitness First gyms around the globe, so even if you’re a member in Singapore, you should use the Fitness First gyms far away as well. And if you have an overseas guest visiting, they might hit the gym with you for a nominal fee.
Singapore Gym Facilities
Facilities provided by Singapore gyms are really tremendous. The majority of the gyms of Singapore are equipped with advanced infrastructure. A few of the common facilities that most from the gyms in Singapore provide are listed below: State-of-the-art fitness equipment,Locker systems, Steam bath and sauna facilities, Body massage services, Fitness expert, Weighing scales, Cardiovascular equipment, Clean exercise mats, Complimentary shampoo and towel services, Hair dryer facility, Clean toilets, Changing and shower rooms, Hot shower facilities, Shoe lockers, Ample free parking facilities, Facility of aerobic classes, Computer Stations offering Internet facilities.